Ginormous Lash Volumizing Mascara in Blackout
When I first open this mascara to look at it I was a bit skeptical. It's thick and coats the brush so much that you need to wipe it off before using it. It's advertised as thickening up your lashes and I guess coating them in thick creme does the job. There were no extra curling nor lengthening. That being said it's not a bad mascara, it wiped off easily with both soap and water and eye make-up remover. Although it was thick it wasn't overly heavy and didn't weigh my lashes down. Is it worth the $6, maybe if you got one of the funky colors sure, but there are way better basic black mascaras out there. Take Me Out Liner in Dim Sum
I'm not a fan of eyeliner pencils, so they have to be awesome in order for me to like them. And this one...doesn't even come close. It's hard and doesn't come on easily at all. I stopped midway because I was tugging on my lids and I don't like that all, it's too easy to do damage to your eye like that. On the site it says it's creamy enough to blend...I'm not seeing it. The kind I have comes with flecks of glitter so I can't even use it as a tool (sometimes you can dip it in some cream liner and line your water line, much safer than using a brush) Truthfully save you $5 and go for a cream or liquid liner.Glow All the Way Face and Body luminizer infused with 24 karat gold
I'm not sure about 24 karat gold but there's some shimmer happening. And that's really all I can say. If you want to have the appearance of having shimmer everywhere then it's the thing for you. It's not really a glitter type of shimmer either, but a reflective shimmer. It's the same thing luminescent powders but in a cream formula. I think it's worth the $8.Plumping Serum Voluminizing Lipgloss in Girl Next Door
This was another item that when I first looked at I was skeptical. It's very liquidy (is that a word?) and I didn't think there would be any color payoff. Boy was I wrong. First it gives your lips a great shade of pink. And I think because of the soupiness of it when you put it on it's not sticky like most lipglosses on the market. It's suppose to be plumping but I don't need any help in that area so I can't attest to if it works or not. It also helps moisturizers. Worth the money. Again another 2 out of 4. In my honest opinion if you're going to spend money on Hard Candy invest in their lip products. I think they're worth the money and are great value. Good color payoff for the amount you pay off. And that's really what matters. I still have one or two things to try out but for the most part I can safely say Hard Candy is a hit or miss brand, but has some potential.
1 comment:
I've also thought about getting the lip plumper gloss--not for the plumping serum, but just 'cause I like gloss. I do have their Mouthing Off in Scoop(?) and it's a nice sheer nude cover.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.