7.15.2011

Obsession of the Moment: Essie Nail Polish

On one of my weekly trip to my local drug store I was perusing the make-up section for new items and good deals, something I do on the regular. When I came upon a new display for Essie Nail Polish. I fell in love with these little jewels. I was on the hunt anyway for a new opaque pink polish. It's hard to find a decent pink shade that is soft and not bright or chalky. Since it was the end of the season their spring collection was on sale.

Named "French Affair" it was inspired by the glamorous '60s (which would explain why I was digging it what with my British Mod fascination happening.) They are all opaque shades which is somewhat against the grain for spring shades, most tend to be sheer.

The six shades are named: Nice Is Nice, Coat Azure, French Affair (the collection's namesake), Topless & Barefoot, Sand Tropez and Kisses And Bises.

I picked up three of the six colors, Coat Azure (medium blue with shimmer), Nice is Nice (light lavender),and French Affair (lavender pink).

The pink can lend itself to be a bit streaky but I've found if you shake the bottle up really well, then put a good amount of the polish on your nail, before wiping the brush off, you can avoid this (Longest sentence ever!). The blue covers very well, in fact I can get away with one coat. The lavender is good in covering as well but 2 coats is still needed.

Again if you are curious about how it looks on the nail let me know and I'll upload a picture. The polishes are starting to show up in all sorts of stores and they cost between $7-$8 (depending on where you go.) They've got about 100 shades already out, and are 3-free (no formaldehyde, DBP or toluene). If you are curious about this brand I say check it out, they're bound to have a shade you digg. Good Luck!

psst- This is the end of my backlog of reviews, from here on out are items I've recently bought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.