Anyways back to the point of this post. I have keys!
As soon as we walked in I started taking pictures with my phone as my camera is packed away in a box. So behold somewhat decent pictures of empty rooms!
This is the sight you see as you walk in the front door. I'm calling this the bar area because that's an actual bar unlike the first apartment that touted having a bar that was really just a ledge. This bar is deep enough to have bar stools at, giving me two eating options.
Directly to your right is the Dining Area, it's on the small side. But should fit a table with four chairs and hopefully a buffet. I'm thinking a console like table with a shelf on the bottom that I can have baskets or something. "Next door" is the kitchen.
Now this is not a small kitchen but it's not as big as the kitchen I had in the first apartment. In the first apartment on the wall where the fridge was there was another set of double hung cabinets and an extra wide base cabinet. Which gave be a long run of counter space that was perfect for prep work. I still have plenty of counter space for prep work and in truth that space often got cluttered. And honestly I never had enough stuff to fill up all the cabinets. Now that might change, but I really think this kitchen will be a better fit. The appliances are newer and there's a glass pane in the stove. It's the little things that make me smile.
To the left of the entry way is the living room. The long and somewhat narrow living room. As you can see no balcony but I do have a nice view of a park. I already have some ideas kicking about for this place, which hopefully includes me building something. But who knows.
This is the hallway, the doors on the left are to the laundry room and the door ahead is to the second bath. I didn't get a shot of it but for now I plan on doing a gallery on the wall to the right. The door leading into my room. And now my room and closet:
The closet is indeed a walk in, is it as big as the closet in my first apartment no. But it's way bigger than the closet I have now. I'm thinking of creating an accessory station in there, something along these lines. I have my own bath...
I would say this is about the same size as the old apartment but it's laid out so much better. And bonus points for the linen "closet " space. I have no idea what's going to happen in this space as baths are confusing for me.
The second bath isn't overly big but it's not small. Under the medicine cabinet I think a small table could fit for added storage since there is no linen closet space dedicated to this bath. I'm thinking a black and white scheme for in here.
The second room belongs to my brother right now. It's a decent size for a second bedroom and the closet is pretty nice.
And that's about it. We've already started moving stuff in but I won't official stay there into Saturday. I'm so ready to get this move behind me. And get started unpacking and looking for just the right pieces to turn this cookie cutter apartment into my home.
























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.