8.22.2010

HGTV Design Star 2010 Winner!

I have to be completely honest I wasn't really impress with this season's designers, nor the set up of the show. It didn't allow us to truly see the individual designers as people standing on their own. It was a lot of team work. So coming into the finale I wasn't really sure I would be watching who ever was lucky enough to win.

Last show I was hoping that it would be an all girl finale but my hopes were dashed when Casey was sent home. As a person I'm not a fan of Michael, as a design fanatic...I'm still not a fan. Personality wise he seems very fake. When he speaks I get aggravated. Last show he kept using the term "yuppies" to describe new graduates and first time renters/owners. I don't think he knows what a "yuppy" is. He's obnoxious and arrogant...honestly I wanted him gone a long time ago. I've never been blown away with anything he's personally done.

Emily, in the beginning I wasn't sure about her. I thought she whined a lot but the last show and this show I was thinking..."Hmmm she might be worth a try." Her hosting style felt honest and in ways reminded me of Candace and Sarah.

So who won?

Emily of course! I can truly say I look forward to seeing what she produces. Aug. 29th I'll tune in for her first episode of "Secrets from a Stylist."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.