8.07.2010

Why I would love to win a new Serger!

On Sew Mama Sew, she is hosting a new contest. One that awards the winner a brand new Husqvarna Viking s21 Serger. I'm still a newbie in the sewing department. In fact I have yet to make a successful garment which is what I really want to do.

The contest is basically writing about how having a serger would change your life.

Having a serger would help me in my dream to start sewing my own wardrobe. I'm not the easiest person to dress. In fact I haven't bought a random piece of clothing in a while. I just haven't seen anything that one I can afford and two I really want.

I have been doing my own fashions for years. Having a serger would ease the manufacturing of clothing that would last and have a look that I would be proud to wear. While I could probably achieve this on a regular sewing machine. Having a serger will make it easier and faster.

Winning a serger would be great because as you know I'm a graduate student on a really strict fixed budget. I won't have the money to buy one of my own in quite some time. After I get out of graduate school I won't know when the next time I'll have extra cash for clothing or a serger. Especially one that cost over a $1000.

And I haven't even touch the home decor applications aspect of it. Linens, coverings, I can barely contain myself.

I've never done something like this nor have I ever won a contest, so I don't have much faith in my luck. But a girl can dream right.

1 comment:

Wusel's... said...

Oh I cross my fingers for you!
I hope you win it!
:-)))

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.