10.19.2010

Blog Crush: The Importance of Posture

black lolita
+ picture from flickr
No, sorry to disappoint this will not be a detailed post about posture and how as a lolita you should have great posture whenever wearing the fashion. I'm not that kind of blogger, and truthfully I don't think fashion should dictate who you are, it should be the other way around. Who you are should dictate your fashion, that's what it means by having personality. But that's for another post.

This is to highlight a recent post of a blog I follow that speaks not just about posture but about etiquette and fine manners. About the callousness of the general public, how a simple thing as a person's gait can make a change in a person's life.

The writer of Little Golden Lamb shares with her readers a story of being pointed out and compared to another woman in public by a stranger. In a recent post, How to Be Swell (Health) The Importance of Posture: A Short Story, she relays the story of how a man signals her and his wife out and public degrades his wife. If you aren't a reader of her's I would highly suggest you go take a visit and be inspired.

As for my own belief, I'm a southern girl and I had southern grandmothers and parents. Etiquette and fine manners were something instilled in your at birth. You sat up straight and walked with a purpose. You showed your elders respect and you remembered that "they didn't raise no fool". Where others see a charmingly quaint lifestyle I just see my way of life. In truth we all could do well with a refresher course in etiquette and fine manners especially on the web, why not start today?

F.Y.I Great posture makes your clothes look 10x better on you. Stay charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.