![]() |
| +picture taken from here. |
While I sat in the salon chair the lady asked if I wanted to get a relaxer after she finished cutting my hair. I looked at her and said nope. It was a off the cuff response and something I hadn't thought about before I sat down in the chair. My hair wasn't damage and in truth it looked like a black cap sitting on top of my head, but something inside me said go for it.
![]() |
| +picture taken from here. |
My hair is pretty much the same texture as the girl in the photo above. And as of today is longer, but only by an inch or too. I've had some ups and downs, but I have no plans to ever go back to relaxing my hair. Through inspirational videos on youtube I've discovered a whole new world of possibilities for natural hair. If you are new to the game I encourage you to check out the natural hair community on youtube, there are some great tips and research happening there. When I first went natural I was looking for books about the subject and there were none. I just so happened to luck out and find the community in these reason months and I wish I knew then what I know now.
![]() |
| +picture taken from here. |
And it seems to be a growing trend there are many starlets opting to go the natural route. One of my favorite singers Corrine Bailey Rae is a natural, her voice is amazing and so is her hair.
But I've been thinking of getting bangs, I've wanted them for a while now. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't really wear my hair straight most of the time. I'd say 90% of the time it's in some curly form of state. Because of those videos I'm finding new ways to play with my curls, big ones, small ones, wavy and soft ones, it's all possible.
So I probably wouldn't get that much satisfaction out of bangs at this point. Because that would involve straightening my bangs on a regular bases and I don't like to use heat that much. I'm awfully afraid of heat damaging my hair. Oh well I guess I'll just focus on getting my hair the healthiest it can be.
So I'm curious, any of you gone through some major hair changes lately? Anyone thinking of doing some grand new hair cut?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.