I have to be honest I haven't bought make-up in a very long time, I think the last time was back in undergraduate school when I first started. Soon I got into that rut when I barely had enough brain power to get dress and get to class in the morning, make up was the last thing on my mind. This weekend however I made it my purpose to go and get at least a foundation to help even out the color of my face. During the winter I tend to dry out more so than normal and sometimes I can get uneven coloring. In general I've had a hard time finding a foundation because of the skin tone, it's hard to match. To date I've never found a drugstore brand that does the job. MAC really is the only brand I've found that matches close enough, which makes it worth the cost. So off to the mall I went, I intended just to get some foundations but I left with a bit more.
Venomous Villains Powder Blush from the Evil Queen Collection in: Bite of an Apple

Venomous Villains Lipstick from the Evil Queen Collection in Sinister

Venomous Villains Lipglass from the Cruella Collection in Devilishly Stylish

I picked these up because the lady did an style on me that I really liked and she used these products from their new limited edition, Venomous Villains Collection. I really liked the look and knew these products wouldn't be there for long. They tend to sell out very fast. If you search youtube you'll bound to find tons of reviews on them, so I'm not going to do that sorry.
I also bought from their general collection: Lip Pencil in Chestnut, Studio Moisture Cream, and the Microfine Refinisher. I'll be getting the other pieces at a different time.
The next day I stopped in Target and picked up some brushes, the Eco Tools earth-friendly beauty line. Made with cruelty free hair, natural and recycled materials and came with a reusable storage pouch. I got a foundation brush, blush brush, eye shading brush, eyeliner brush, lash and brush groomer, and concealer brush. I love how these brushes feel so soft and always on the look out for green options.
Anyone else make a make up purchase lately?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.