10.06.2010

2010 Dream Halloween Costume Idea Board


This year I've been doing a lot of researching of different fashion styles. A couple of years back heard about a Lolita Fashion and was interesting intrigued. The more I learn about it the more I understand my interest in it and how it fits within my life. I've been sharing my likes with a friend who is very similar to me in fashion likes and she kind of pointed out the connection between the more victorian looking pieces I tend to fave and my interest in steampunk.

I hope to bring you more posts about this new fashion style as well as more Idea Boards (in fact I've already started on a Birthday Bash one.)

This idea board started with the black bustle skirt and developed from there. I was going for a look that didn't scream steampunk but was clear that it was channeling a victorian feel with a heaping pinch of Gothic (not goth totally different). I envision the hair being a mass of corkscrew curls with those lovely combs holding it away from the face. I would opt for a strong eye with a purple based smokey eye, since it would be worn to perhaps an evening Halloween party, and going with a bright pink lip kind of softens the look. The details are what brings it away from gothy feel, black and white can have. I choose silver accessories because gold would look to trashy, but you could go for more bronze pieces but might be harder to find, (my suggestions look in indie shops and esty)

You could add in more color but I chose not too because the pieces are really detailed and adding on color would take away from it, the ruffles and lace on the skirt and shirt soften the look and makes it less stark and cold.

Thoughts? What are your halloween costume ideas this year?

Items in this set:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.