I justified the cost by saying that I was getting six different colors when usually Too Faced eye colors cost about $16 a shadow, plus eye primer, eyeliner, and mascara. If I had purchased all that individual I would have paid $135. They're consider a upscale brand like MAC, you know something you aren't going to find in Walmart or Walgreens. They can be bought from any Ulta or Sephora store or online.
On to the pictures:
| The cardboard box it comes in. |
This is the actual palette the sparkly bit around the logo is actual glitter and so are the little "diamonds" |
When you lift the top up it's a little pop-up scene with pixies done in pin-up style. It's beyond cute but I couldn't get a good enough picture. I'll try again if you really want me too. |
I tried to get an up close picture of the make-up but I failed. The lighting in my room sucks. But anyway the palette comes with a travel size portion of their Shadow Insurance Eye Primer. I also picked up a Urban Decay Eye Primer. I'll do a review on both of them at a later date because they're kind of the major eye primers being used in the world of make-up. This one is darker, and more chunkier. I don't know if it's just because of how you deliver it (this with your fingers, the other with the wand that came with it). But the lady at the store said she preferred the other primer...we'll see.
It comes with a black eyeliner called Lava Glass..it's very very black, and goes on really smoothly. A travel size mascara which they call Lash Injection PinPoint again very very black, it goes on clumpy and there's no denying you have it on. It's also rather hard to get off compared to the Maybelline Mascara I have. It doesn't make your lashes curlier or in my opinion appear longer.
The actual eyeshadow (because it's too hard to read in the picture):
Top Left Corner: Leading Lady, a shimmery champagne color. kind of reminds me of a Mac shade called Nylon or even rice paper.
Top Middle: I Know What Boys Want, a shimmery pink color, reminds of a MAC shade but I don't think they sell it anymore, Expensive Pink.
Top Right Corner: Lucky Charms, a shimmery green color
Bottom Left Color: Heaven, a matte beige color
Bottom Middle: Like a Virgin, a matte brown color
Bottom Right Corner: Erotica, a shimmery dark brown color
They all gone on really easy and with little fall out. The Heaven doesn't really show up well on me D: I have to pack on the Leading Lady for the actual color to show and not just shimmer. Like I said it's a relatively new palette and I haven't been able to find any tutorials with looks featuring the palette that I actually like. I think seperately they could be worked into a everyday look but right now I can't think of a combination that's just them for an everyday ("natural", you could totally wear them in a dramatic way everyday if that's what you like.) look. Erotica is really dark, and the three top ones are too shimmery for my liking for an everyday going to class look. However if I want to dress up like a pin-up pixie I've got the palette.
I think Leading Lady, I Know What Boys Want, and Lucky Charms could be awesome in a classical or sweet themed Lolita coord. They are very soft and girly. I think if you were doing a dark casual, classical, or even gothic look using Heaven all over the lid and then smoking it out with Erotica with Like a Virgin as your blending color, then add Leading Lady to the inner corners to brighten the eye would look really beautiful. (I'll have to remember to try that.)
It comes with a black eyeliner called Lava Glass..it's very very black, and goes on really smoothly. A travel size mascara which they call Lash Injection PinPoint again very very black, it goes on clumpy and there's no denying you have it on. It's also rather hard to get off compared to the Maybelline Mascara I have. It doesn't make your lashes curlier or in my opinion appear longer.
The actual eyeshadow (because it's too hard to read in the picture):
Top Left Corner: Leading Lady, a shimmery champagne color. kind of reminds me of a Mac shade called Nylon or even rice paper.
Top Middle: I Know What Boys Want, a shimmery pink color, reminds of a MAC shade but I don't think they sell it anymore, Expensive Pink.
Top Right Corner: Lucky Charms, a shimmery green color
Bottom Left Color: Heaven, a matte beige color
Bottom Middle: Like a Virgin, a matte brown color
Bottom Right Corner: Erotica, a shimmery dark brown color
They all gone on really easy and with little fall out. The Heaven doesn't really show up well on me D: I have to pack on the Leading Lady for the actual color to show and not just shimmer. Like I said it's a relatively new palette and I haven't been able to find any tutorials with looks featuring the palette that I actually like. I think seperately they could be worked into a everyday look but right now I can't think of a combination that's just them for an everyday ("natural", you could totally wear them in a dramatic way everyday if that's what you like.) look. Erotica is really dark, and the three top ones are too shimmery for my liking for an everyday going to class look. However if I want to dress up like a pin-up pixie I've got the palette.
I think Leading Lady, I Know What Boys Want, and Lucky Charms could be awesome in a classical or sweet themed Lolita coord. They are very soft and girly. I think if you were doing a dark casual, classical, or even gothic look using Heaven all over the lid and then smoking it out with Erotica with Like a Virgin as your blending color, then add Leading Lady to the inner corners to brighten the eye would look really beautiful. (I'll have to remember to try that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.