2.10.2011

Let’s Talk Tech: The Phone Edition

+image found here
New series don’t know how long I’ll keep it up but here goes. Every once in a while I’ll dedicate a post to something techy. I love gadgets and I love learning about all the new ones coming out. And while I can’t afford to buy every new gadget that strikes my fancy doesn’t mean I can’t drool over them. Let’s Talk Tech is where I share my knowledge of up and coming tech toys, new versions of old tech toys, and tech toys I’m thinking of buying.

This edition is all about phones. I am currently in the market for a new phone. And when I say in the market I mean sometime this summer I’ll probably be ready to buy a new phone. I’m a very savvy shopper and it takes me a while to make a decision when it comes to gadgets. Quality of quantity is my mantra. At any rate whenever I’ve bought a new phone I’ve always gone for the basic model. Because I didn’t really think I needed all the bells and whistles. However as my life as change I’ve come to the realization that I need to reexamine how a phone fits into my world.

I think I’ve zeroed in on what features and functions I need in a phone. Outside of the basic cell phone features my first requirement is it has to be lightweight. I don’t need a big bulky paperweight to carry around. It has to be fit into my pocket if I’m in a hurry. Sometimes if I’m making a quick run to the store I’ll grab my wallet and phone. It has to have a full keyboard. I text like crazy, more so than I actually talk on the phone. I find it uncomfortable and tedious to text on a standard keypad. It has to have a decent camera with a flash, I don’t really care if I can take videos or not. It’s the camera I care about. It has to have a easy to use calendar/scheduler function. It’s a life saver really. Just this week I’ve missed one important meeting because I wasn’t around to check my email. Wi-Fi capabilities is a must.

Currently I am lucky to have a friend who asked me to join in with her on a plan that she shared with her husband. Because of a great deal they were able to take advantage of my line only costs them $15. I know I’ll never get a better deal so I’m holding off as long as possible to get a new plan, which won’t be until next year when her contract is up for renewal. Because of that I have to find a phone that works on the network that we have, which is easy because any phone with a sim card can be used. In a perfect world I would be investing in a iPhone. Which I might do in a couple of years. Right now I’m interested to learn what kind of phones you guys have. Any good recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.