First up this is how it looks in the box.
Heating up...it took as long as an oven to actually heat up. So you aren't really saving time there. Now it could be that it was fresh out of the box that's why it took so long but I'm not sure I buy that.
Once it finally heated up the green light came on. I have to say while it was heating up I could smell a slight burning smell. I was a bit concerned at first.
It took only 10 minutes which is what the box said it would take. So no complaining there. They were nicely cooked all the way through and had a nice little dome effect going. Which I know some people dislike I don't mind, helps when icing.
All of the cupcakes fixed. It took me a total of about 40 minutes to make the whole box of cupcakes (it was late no time for totally scratch cupcakes DON'T JUDGE ME!)
Artistic shot...
Well I had to try them while I was icing them. I went with a strawberry cupcake with a vanilla buttercream icing.
This was the runt of the litter so I had to put it out of its misery.
Artistic shot again! I love those liners!
Do I think it's worth the money...well no. Actually I ended up taking it back with my friend. It took me the same amount of time to make cupcakes in the oven. It was more of a hassle to keep pouring the batter every 10 minutes. It did allow the cupcakes to cool in between batches. Except I don't know many recipes that yield only six cupcakes. My friend did ration afterwards that it was probably more so for teens cooking with a parent to bond. But it did make some really good cupcakes. They didn't last long.












2 comments:
Interesting! I haven't seen this either, but it sounds like this would be good for my friend who is not much of a baker. She doesn't own a working oven, so this could work out for her.
Oh then yeah something like this would be a great thing to have around for those random moments you want to make cupcakes. :D
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.