I've mentioned it multiple times now but I'll say it again because the deadline is closing in fast. In less than two months I'll be part of the growing crowds that have a master degree attached to their names. And while I'm overjoyed to be so close to the end I'm internally scared to death.
Why?
Because I'm somewhat in the dark about what is going to happen after graduation day. While I know I have some time, that time is running out. I've been steadily applying for jobs but I haven't heard anything back from anyone so I'm worried for sure. Find a job, let alone a career, in this economy is a very hard and complicated thing to navigate. I know I'm an excellent catch I just have to market myself in a way that shows other how lucky they would be to have me. I'm not like a major superstar in my field but I've got more experience than most of my fellow classmates.
It doesn't help that I live in a state that boasts three schools turning out the same type of degree. While my school is by far the top school it's still two other sets of graduates I have to contend with. And a lot of them do not want to leave the area. I however wouldn't mind starting a new adventure outside of the place I've known all my life. In fact I'm banking on it. I've only put in one application for a local place and I really don't see having a good chance at that since I know there were tons of people who applied.
I knew coming into this program the chances of me relocating was greater than the chances of me finding a job around here. I don't think friends and family realized this but as I'm a single gal with no dependents I didn't feel the need to explain on that to them. They're get use to it. In preparation for my eventual move out of my mom's place I've been hitting the sales and clarence at various department stores and I'm finding some awesome things that I can't wait to share with you guys.
As I was telling my friend the other day I feel much more prepared about moving out than when I did two years ago. I was figuring it out on my own and I'm telling you there is a lot you have to think about that no one ever tells you about. I'll try to write something up about that as the time comes closer about how I prepared myself to move out.
Here's a clue: Start planning early.
2 comments:
Congrats and at the same time..good luck! Just like the rest of the US, I've been applying everywhere, but have not heard back from anyone. It's difficult trying to land a job in a podunk little town just so you can accrue money to move out of said podunk town.
I wish you the best and hope you manage to snag a job out of your area!
Thanks a bunch. I wish you the best of luck in finding a job that you are happy with. It's out there!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.