8.22.2011

About this Time Last Year

These last few weeks have been some what hectic to say the least. A lot of thing have happened and a lot of things are set to happened in the coming weeks. So with all the chaos that is my life it got me to thinking about what I was doing this time last year. For those still in university in the states, school will be starting soon. In fact around here school starts this week. It amazes me how much things can change in a year. 

This time last year I was packing up my first apartment and preparing to move in with my mom. Every now and then I think back on my first apartment, I really miss that closet space. Here's some shots to remind you of it.

 I was beginning the last year of the Master's program and starting to freak out on the prospect of finding a job in seven months. Truth be told I was hoping to find work before I graduated but that didn't happen. I'm glad that I found work in my field before school started up again. It makes me feel somewhat accomplished. The good news is that I have an interview this week for a full time position in the field. So I'm optimistically cautious that this could be the one.

This past Thursday my BFF had her first son. She was about a week late, which is funny because I teased her when she found out that he wasn't going to come on time and would end up coming a week late. She's notoriously late for everything. They were going to induce her on this up coming Tuesday but I was kind of bummed because I knew I had to go into work. So I jokingly said "That's not going to work for me, how about this weekend instead." The next day her husband is calling me to let me know they were on the way to the hospital. Some times I think I have psychic tendencies.

Going into a new season I have to say I'm once again optimistically cautious about what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.