9.02.2011

25 songs, 25 days: Song from childhood

I've never done one of these memes before. But when I saw this one I thought it would be a perfect one to wet my virgin feet with, so to speak. As well as give me topics to write about as I get use to my new working schedule. Even though I think of myself as musically challenge I do so love to listen to music. And it's often said you can learn a lot about a person by the music they listen to. I consider my music taste eclectic but I know are those who are even more eclectic.

This meme is called 25 songs in 25 days.
+image taken from here. 
I hope this little series will offer some insight to who I am.

Today's topic is a song from my childhood. I choose "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" by Elton John from the Lion King Soundtrack. This song came out while I was in 4th grade. My family has always been a Disney family, my dad started collecting the VHS when my sister and I were born, although as the years past he didn't keep up with the collection and I haven't been all that impress with their movies of late. This was my favorite Disney movie that I can remember watching over and over. It was during the time when I started taking note of my heritage and it was honestly so different than what Disney had done before. This song in it's self is so memorable and powerful. Even now I can't listen to it without getting a little emotional. It's also one of those songs that if you sing the first line, almost everyone in your vicinty will join in...although they only know the chorus. ^_^ Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.