I'm sure I'm not alone when I say "When I was little I couldn't wait to grow up so I could be in charge of my own life and choices". Now that I'm on the precipice of turning another year older...I can honestly say, "Time please slow down just for a little while."
Lately I've been filling out forms after forms. Trying to figure out deductions and benefits and ultimately what sort of life do I want to live for the next couple of years. I'm a planner and I don't go into anything without planning it out as best I can. Since I've been in school I've had to sacrifice a lot of free time and money in order to finish my schooling and get out. I paid for my own schooling through work and loans. And I'm so glad that I did, because there is a since of pride that I feel about investing in my future. It's made me appreciate life in a lot of ways.
But now I'm stepping out of the college lifestyle and into a world of professionalism. And I have to tell you...it's giving me one major headache. There are two many variables that I don't even know about and it's driving me crazy!
For example there's a good chance I will not be able to keep the second job because of schedule conflicts. As it stands if I kept the job then I would only have Sundays off and M-Th evenings off (although the evenings could vary). It's not a bad work schedule but it cuts in on things I can do with friends and family. If I dropped the second job well that's almost 20 hours added back to my schedule. But that's not say I would have weekends off, I would have to work a weekend at least once a month at my full time job.
I guess what it really comes down to is how much do I value those 20 hours. In pay that would cut about 20% from my budget. Which is a considerable amount of money that could go a long ways to future plans.
Now I could drop the second job and make do with less spending money and bank on maybe finding a guy, pooling our resources together and maybe doing some of the things I would love to do in my life. But I've never liked to depend on others to make my wishes come true. I would be a horrible Disney Princess...or would I?
In the end all this could be taken out of my hands and I might have to quit the second job and then again it could work out fine and I worried for nothing.
Wow that was a long wall of text, to make up to you here's a link (click on the image) on how to Knit a Scarf using a Comb.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.