9.16.2011

Chill in the Air

Today I walked outside and was smacked right upside the head with a cold blast of air. After gasping for air for a few seconds I started doing a little diddy. Why? Because it's beginning to feel like Autumn. Autumn is with out a doubt my favorite time of the year. Most people see Autumn as somewhat depressing, I mean it does kind of signal the fact that everything is dying off or more importantly going into slumber mode, to wait off Winter. To me I kind of see the opposite, especially in myself. I'm more motivated to do things during the Fall than any other time of the year. I get so much accomplished, then Winter comes and I slow down, Spring I start to go into a heat induced trance and by time Summer comes around all I want to do is sleep somewhere nice and cool.

The best thing about Autumn is my wardrobe is so much better. To me the selection of clothing is so much better and more. If I had to pick the top things I love about fall clothing it would have to:

One, Finding new ways to stretch your warmer clothing by layering up. I'm in love with tights this year. I envision buying a lot in different colors and patterns. Two, rich shoe material, this is like the one time of year you can wear those velvet pumps and it not look weird. Give me suede over leather pumps any day. Three, crunching through multicolored leaves in knee high boots, that's instant love. And four, like I said I'm a layers kind of girl. I always dress in some kind of layering look, and I love to mix colors and patterns. But the best part is I can layer up and not have to put on a coat.

I could go on and on about my love for Autumn. Anyone else have lots of love for this time of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.