1.08.2012

Take Two


 Back in 2010 I staovrted keeping a weightloss journal on livejournal. Well at least I had plan on keeping one. I think I got one entry in before I ended up abandoning the project. That seems like a constant thing with me. I really don't have staying power. I need to work on that. So this is a take two of that project. I can't promise I'll keep up but I'm going to try my hardest. If I even have readers out there I can see them now shaking their heads. I keep changing things about this blog that it's not even funny. But that's just who I am. I get distracted with things and I'm constantly changing my focus on things. I guess I don't really have focus in life. Again something I'm working on.

So for the longest I've been trying to lose weight. I've tried dieting and well mostly doing nothing and hoping it would just happen. And surprisingly it hasn't go figure. Ever since I've found pinterst I've been exposed to many great things. Which includes motivation for fitness. I have a great board dedicated to all the inspirational quotes and workouts I've come across. Through that I finally got interested in tumblr and the great community of fitinspo blogs. I'm sure we've all had times when we wanted to be super skinny and I think that's where I failed before I just picked a random number out of the sky and said that's how much I wanted to weigh and thought through fad diets and ill attempts I could achieve success. I've naively thought that if I eat only the frozen diet dinners I could lose the pounds. But those dinners are gross and not health at all. Plus they never filled me up so I would eat two or three of them because I didn't understand how basic nutrituion worked. The past couple of months I've changed how I look at fitness and weightloss.

I've approached it like I approach almost everything I do. By researching the topics and exploring more than one option of how to go about gaining success. So now instead of picking out a random number I'm measuring my success in obtainable goals. The ultimate goal is taking on a healthier lifestyle. I kicked off this lifestyle the first of the year. Seem like a great time. In fact I kind of started it a week before but I got really into it the first of the year.

The week before I started back up keeping track of my meals, using the app. Loose it! I started using this in 2010 but quickly fell off the wagon. It allows you to keep track of your meals but either entering recipes, choosing from an extensive bank of choices and scanning barcodes. As well as exercise and weight. For two weeks straight I've tracked my meals, from the first week of my old eating habits to this week with my new eating habits. I try to eat five small meals a day loaded with fruits and veggies. I'm far from ideal in my habits but I'm so getting better and that's the main thing.

 Last week I started taking 30 minute walks during my lunch, which at the time was to go get my lunch from Subway. But that's a costly habit to start and part of this years challenges is to spend less money. It was great for exercising but killing my wallet. $5 to $6 adds up quickly. So over the weekend I bought a lunchbox cooler and a thermos and started taking my lunch to work. I also pack snacks for the day and fill up my thermos with the free Le Blue water we have at the office.

This week has seen some really bad weather not good for walking around so I've been making do by taking the stairs and doing the exercise plan from this link http://downtownn.tumblr.com/post/2851430465. Its the beginning of a four part plan. Friday some coworkers took me out to lunch for my birthday. We walked down to the local pizza place. I got one slice of cheese pizza and didn't eat the crust. Yesterday to celebrate my birthday I went on the longest walk I've done so far, 46 minutes and 3.36 miles. Today I've rested and weighed myself. I've lost 2.6 lbs this week. That's a great start.

My first mini goal is 10 lbs. which is the most I've ever lost while trying to lose weight. The first major goal is 40 lbs by the end of April.

This week I will continue to bring my lunch to work along with snacks. The weather is suppose to be better so I hope to do both a 30 minute walk during lunch and the exercise plan. Actually I hope to start the C25k plan this week but I'm kind of unsure about jogging in the dark. I wake up before the sun comes out and work until after it goes down. But I might just have to get over that.

I plan on ramping up the veggies and fruits and restricting some of the process foods I eat. Slowly but surely will win this race for me.

1 comment:

ImogenKate said...

I have the same problem sticking to things to :(

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.