I visited the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh, NC where they had the Rembrandt in America exhibit.
“Rembrandt in America is the largest collection of Rembrandt paintings ever presented in an American exhibition and the first major exhibition to explore in depth the collecting history of Rembrandt paintings in America. The NCMA is the only East Coast venue for this exceptional show that features works of art from across the United States, including some of the finest paintings residing in American collections.”Rembrandt is easily one of my favorite portrait style painter. But I have to say there’s nothing like seeing these pieces in person. The exhibit didn’t allow for photography so I have no awesome pictures to share. It was very crowded and I wasn’t able to appreciate each piece as I would have liked but I truly enjoyed myself. The exhibit was an exploration of his work through time as well as the collecting of these works. There was a whole room of works that were once attributed to him but were later identified as works by others usually in his workshop. I loved how the curator chose to show these works because after going through the rooms with works that were his you could appreciate the other works for their own mastery and the influence Rembrandt had on them.
If you ever get a chance to see this exhibit I say do it it’s well worth it. Here are a few photos I took of the other exhibits.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.