“Frugavores make the most of what they have, supports best practices in farming, wastes nothing, and grows their own food when they can.”

I picked this book up soon after it came to my department with a batch of new books. March through May is our system wide Gardening Series so in preparation my coworker who is over the garden series had order in some new books. I’ve always been considered a frugal person in comparison to my family members. I think I waste quite a bit but it’s true I am more willing to use something till it’s broken beyond repair and squeeze the last bit of whatever till it has no more to give. So picking up this book I thought it would be a great weekend read. And I was not disappointed.
Arabella Forge shares yet another label in the forever growing food movements. But she also shares the other labels like Slow food (anti fast food), Localism (buy food produced locally), organic, biodynamic, and so on. She breaks the book down into different arenas like The Frugavore Kitchen, Stocking your Pantry, Veggie Patch, etc. And shares great recipes to help you take full advantage of personal gardens, community gardens, local farms and farmer markets.
This book has inspired me in many ways to rethink I approach the kitchen. I like this book for the main reaon that i's not telling you to go out and buy all these eco friendly projects or gadgets, but showing you how to work with what you have and to cut back on things that aren't doing you any favor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.