4.23.2012

Stressed is Desserts Spelled Backwards


Oh if only life could be that simple. Am I the only one who envies the people in their lives that can let any and everything roll off of them? Most people do describe me as a calm and level headed type of person. But what they don’t know is I’m usually a bundle of loose nerves on the inside. I think most Americans (perhaps not as true now days and in younger generations) can hide their true feelings. Maybe it’s a culture thing? Maybe it has something to do with how people can think they have 1,000 friends because 1,000 people added them on Facebook, even though they’ve only met 100 of them in real life and 25 of those people they held more than one conversation with and half of those people are family members. Who knows…

But since starting my job I’ve had more job related stressed then I’ve ever had in my life. And I feel that tension building in my shoulders. This past weekend I had a very relaxing weekend, filled of doing nothing. This morning was a normal morning; I laughed and joked with my family. I was über relaxed coming in this morning. But once I got into the building and into my department it was like stress overload. My department has some interpersonal problems that I have to deal with that have nothing to do with me and have been in place longer than I’ve been here. I think most people would try to ignore it and that’s my goal every day, but it’s really hard to be around something like that and not have it affect your mood. Or least it is for me.

Not to say that sometimes I feel a little slighted at work I know I shouldn’t let that get to me. I think I need to find ways of distressing while at work. I hate to say it but it’s almost as if I need to detach myself a bit. My sister would say just grow a thicker skin but I don’t think that’s my problem. What I have a problem is when I see something that isn’t right I have a hard time accepting it as reality. My first instinct is to even the scales…and now that I’m in the “real” world maybe it’s time for me to learn that life isn’t fair. How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.