5.17.2012

Food Photography

I have a thing for food photography, all photography really but this post is about food photography. I think when it's done well, it doesn't really matter how the thing actually taste...I just want to look at it and imagine tasting it (that sounds really creepy doesn't it?). Over at Pinterest I have two boards dedicated to food. You would think I spend most of my time thinking about food. And perhaps maybe I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about food. I'm a picky eater, I have been since before I knew how to say those words. I've tried for years to outgrow this finicky attribute but in the end if I'm going to put it near my mouth it has to be eye pleasing as well as smell yummy.

So like I said I have two boards going, one is called simply Recipes. A no brainer there but basically a collection of recipes that I will try and have tried already. I haven't been cooking as of lately due to the fact that I hate my mom's kitchen. I do believe the kitchen set up is a deal breaker for me when it comes to looking at apartments. The second board is called Foodie. It's a collection of images of food that I find appealing. Sometimes there are recipes attached and sometimes not. Here's a few of my favorite.



 Having images of food every where is somewhat bad for changing my eating habits. You can't look at food and not get hungry and that chocolate cake...makes me weak. But I do have to say looking at healthy food makes me crave an apple or something equally healthy. I have to find what works for me. But anyways looking at food photography makes me look at my own food differently. I've always tried to take pictures of things I eat that are out of the ordinary. But sometimes an everyday meal is just as picture worthy when styled right. Here are a few of my food photography that I had "laying" around.





They aren't as cool and exciting as my inspiration but as always I aim to improve. Besides each photo is a not only a image but a story that I recall each time I look at it. Check out this fun little post with tips for food photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.