When I moved into my first apartment I bought a couch. I didn't really put much thought into it other than price and I didn't want it to be poufy. I knew I wanted a neutral color because I wanted it to fit any color scheme I went with in the future. So I picked out the first one that fit that slim list of wants and had it delivered. I was in a big box store that my sister was insisting I buy from and I didn't really want to push the issue. I wanted to make sure I would have something to sit on when I moved in. When I moved in with my mom we opted to get rid of one of her couches that was worn out and use the one I had bought. That was almost two years ago...and in those years that couch has not held up at all.
So I knew going into the apartment search I would be getting a new couch among other funiture. But I was determined to have a plan in place before hand. So I've been window shopping (more like online window shopping) for months now. And I can say...I still have no idea what I want. After reading a post on Young House Love, I thought I was in love with this one from Ikea.
In a dark grey color, I saw a similar sectional on one of Sarah Richardson's Home shows. I thought it would be a perfect size for a small apartment and that chaise is love for watching tv. But at almost $1000 I wasn't sure. Yes I know that's cheaper than other sofas, and something like that is an investment piece. I'm not actually fimilar with Ikea products to know whether this is worth it or not. I paid $300 for the first couch and the quality is blah!
So I went back out there looking and then I saw this image and got an idea...
what about a daybed in the living room? I mean I will have limited space and getting creative for some overnight guest will be in my future. Then I saw this on West Elm...
Half the price of the Ikea couch, which would give me money to spend on arm chairs. I need to check out both options and hope a third one doesn't get into the mix. The good news is that there is both a Ikea and West Elm store in the same city about 2 hours from where I live. So I will be making a trip out soon to check them out.
But which would you go for?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.