This Friday morning I will be settling into a less than comfortable coach airplane seat on my way to the nation's capital. As part of a scholarship for school I am able to travel to a conference this weekend. This week I've been preparing for the trip so I haven't had a lot of time to update this journal, my apologies.
I've
stole borrowed commandeered my sister's camera for the trip. I hope to bring back tons of pictures to share with you all.
This past weekend I went to my hometown to visit my mom and family, this was the first year we had to go through a father's day without my dad. So needless to say I needed to be around family during this time. While I was there I started digging through some boxes and came across some of my old art projects.
There was one that I knew would fit in perfectly with my decor plans, and it was one of my favorite pieces when I did it.
I made this beautiful piece my senior year of college. During that year I learned several different basket weaving techniques. Unfortunately I didn't keep up with the craft and I doubt seriously I would be able to remember how to do them. This vase was created using clay, plastic bags, and wood. I wish I remember the name of the green for you but I can't. I think it'll look rather nice in my apartment...I'm just not sure where.
Here are some more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.