7.21.2010

The Bedroom

Sorry for the long pause in between posts. I've been somewhat slammed with life and school. But I did manage to grab more photos of the apartment and even the surrounding neighborhood. But first the bedroom. When I was looking for apartments I was going back and forth on rather or not to get a two bedroom or one bedroom. But because I wanted to live in a specific area and then neighborhood I had to settle for one bedroom. I was really worried about space but I lucked out on the apartment I chose. The bedroom is rather big considering it's a one bedroom.

Bedroom 1

When you first come in you pretty much see the bed. I bought the bed from Ashley's Furnitures in August. And it's already broken, the manufacturing sucks. It's solid wood but how they put it together wasn't that great. Lesson learned, you really do pay for what you get. And the extra warranty isn't always a good thing. They refuse to fix it because even though my warranty covers breakage and my bed has breakage. My warranty doesn't cover that kind of damage. So once I have the chance I'm going to rebuild it and reinforce it with some better wooden slacks (it came with 3 1x1s--sad). I got the linens from Target during their back to school sale. The same thing for the window coverings, it's really a tapestry that I hung up for privacy. The side table is a temporary thing, my friend bought it and it's not the cutest thing. It's made out of particle board and cheap wood. So I threw a old blanket over it.
Bedroom 2

I really want to put something awesome over the bed, it's such a big expanse of wall space.

Bedroom 3

I plan on moving the bed over, it's not really centered on the wall. And then I should have space to put another side table and move the pink little drawer set that it's in the next picture.

Bedroom 4

This corner needs to get cleaned out. It's where I'm going to put my library nook (will explain later). The sewing machine box will be thrown out, and the sewing supply drawers will be moved. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the stuff in the pink crate.

Bedroom 7

I bough this dresser for all of $5. It's real cherry wood and in great shape. There's some nicks and scratches which I will either sand out or paint over. I haven't decided yet. I'm really going back and forth on rather or not I want to keep the t.v. in the room or not. I plan on putting a mirror up above the dresser though.

I need to clean off my desk and I'll complete the bedroom shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.