7.03.2010

Design Crush: Sarah Richardson

I've seen this done on other design blogs so I figured I would jump on board.

My design crush is the one and only Sarah Richardson.


Truly I have never seen someone who can turn out designs that I simply love over and over again. I first discovered her last year when on HGTV. She had just bout a backsplit in the suburbs and was completely renovating it. It was an instant fav for me. Then this year she bout a farm and renovated it as well as added an addition. The kitchen she did in that 100 year old farmhouse is my favorite kitchen I've ever seen and I can only hope I can have something that awesome one day. Her ability to match and mix fabrics, different eras, old with new is something I can only admired with puppy love. Here are some pictures of some of my favorites.

Yes it's considerably neutral in it's color palate, and not a speck of pink can be found in the space. But that aside the clean lines and the efficient use of space is an instant fave. I originally thought about getting a sectional but decided against it. If I get a chance to replace my couch I think I'd go for a small section like this one. The clean lines and the dark wooden legs are classic design details that would go with a variety of styles.


Again another pink-less room, but glamour filled none the less. the mirror, the metals, the lush fabrics yum. And that wallpaper to die for.

I want that pendant light, the nightstand, the mirror above the bed and even the little messaging board.


Finally a pink filled room! Sarah was the first person I've ever seen do the two different pattern on one chair, and ever since then I've been in love with that idea and will probably incorporate it into my space one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.