6.13.2010

HGTV Design Star 2010

Did anyone watch tonight's episode of HGTV's Design Studio? I did...to tell you the truth this is the first season that I've actually wanted to watch the show. I'm not much for reality t.v. shows. I've watched a couple of episodes of previous seasons but never really got into them.

My first impressions:
  • I really liked Julie at first glance, I liked hr spirit and her energy.However I didn't really like or get her room. The feathers representing air? Sometimes over conceptualizing things can get in the way of a creative person.
  • Alex: I felt he was a bit uncoordinated and easily flustered. Which hurt him, because he left a good chink of things he needed and instead of moving forward and trying to be creative with what he had he let it get to him.
  • Trent: I loved his canopy piece it was actually pretty cool. But the judges were right there was no creativity in his room, he chose artfully displayed things he had bought. Anyone can do that which leads to the question of why someone would want/need to hire you.
  • Nina: Wow?! And that's not a good wow. Now I know there's editing and what not but it did look like she threw him under the bus. However I did like her molding effect.
  • Courtland: I liked his headboard...
  • Tom: I didn't really get it...it was very much much stereotypical room of someone trying to make an Asian room. He could have used some of Julie's conceptual energy.
  • Tera: I liked her room the most.
  • Emily: Could have done a lot more.
I agreed with who the judges picked as the top six and the bottom six, however I don't really see how Nina did better than Tera.


I might become a fan of the show if it stays this interesting. Now I'm off to make cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.