I guess it's time to catch up on the back log of posts I've been planning since school got the better of me. Starting with a comparison post between an high end mascara and a drug store one. I'm doing Too Faced's Lash Injection Pinpoint Mascara and Maybelline's XXL Pro in Very Black.
| To start off here is a shot of my bare lashes. |
| Too Faced's Mascara |
Too Faced's Lash Injection is suppose to "create the dramatically long extremely defined and separated lashes of your dreams!" And I will say my lashes look longer than they do with nothing on them. And like I said they are defined more. But it's also suppose to create "3D Polymers build waterproof tubes around each lash." I don't know about that but it is hard to wash off. They advertise a Lash Injection Antidote eye makeup remover, but soap and water is suppose to do it. I had to scrub a little in order to get it completely. A full bottle of this stuff cost $21.00.
Maybelline's XXL Pro Waterproof formula is slated to curl lashes to a 30 degree angle and provide a 12-hr hold. While you can't really tell on the pictures I do think the my lashes are much more curlier when I use the two step formula. And it lasts for 12 hrs for sure. I've worn both of these products in the rain and neither smudge or ran. I don't have to scrub as much to get this off but it's not as easy as wiping away with soap and water. I don't remember the exact price but I do know it's under $10 (I think it was around $8 or $9).
Neither one of these made my lashes look any thicker to me. And like I said you can't really tell in the picture but I felt my lashes curled more with the Maybelline's. Too Faced seemed a little heavier and coated my lashes easier, I had to put on my coats with the Maybelline to get even coverage.
The winner?
I'm going with the Maybelline's XXL Pro. Why? For half the price I get the same results. I'll enjoy my little sample I got but I don't for see a full size purchase in the future. Maybelline is one of the more expensive drugstore brands but you get the quality you pay for. So I hope this helps someone who was wondering about mascara and brands. For this topic I'll say spending more money isn't the answer.
Anyone else have a favorite brand of mascara they swear by? Share!

2 comments:
Well, for long days I use Maybelline's Colossal waterproof. Gives me some volume and darkens my lashes a lot. Takes a wee bit of scrubbing or at least a good make up remover liquid to get it off. With this though, I can't do more than maybe two or three strokes or else it will be heavy on my lashes and give me problems later.
For short and temporary mascara, I just use the Great Lash Mascara. Yet to try it in the BIG (or voluminous) formula. Thanks for this review!
I haven't tried the Collosal in waterproof but I'll put it on my list of things to try out. As well as the Great Lash one I need an easy temporary mascara that I can use.
And you're welcome, hope it helps.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.