5.29.2011

Urban Decay: Naked

I'm back with a new palette although this palette has been around the blogs and youtube for a while. It's Urban Decay's Naked palette. This palette is one hot item. As soon as my local Ulta and Sephora got a shipment in they were sold out just as fast. And I know I'm not the only one who had to wait to get it. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it. I got the newer palette that comes with the Karma Make-up brush instead of the duo eyeliner pencil. I think I would have preferred the eyeliner pencil but the brush is still a good item.


It also comes with a travel size bottle of UDPP in the original formula and the case itself is this brown velvety material. Very luxury feeling. Like I said before sometimes with Urban Decay you pay for the packaging. I paid $48 for my palette which is a couple of dollars more than the original price when it first came out. The reason being for the brush. It's supposedly comparative to MAC brushes thus the need to charge more. I don't really know about that, it's a good general eyelid brush but it's not something I'll go to often.
There are 12 colors in the palette ranging from light to dark. Equal parts eyelid colors, crease and highlight colors. The combinations of colors with a bit of creativity is endless. However they advertise the palette as a palette for those who want a more natural look day and night.

On the back of the box it says, "Our neutrals won't leave you naked. 12 dimensional shades (including 4 exclusives) escalate your "basics " in textures of matte, shimmer, satin and sparkle. Experiment with office-chic, deep smoky or summery bronze looks."

I tried to get some close up shots of the shadows you can see the quality in them.
Can you see the shimmer in some of these shades, the different textures are important when you are working with neutrals. Just like in interior design it gives the look life and dimension. Other was your eyes will look flat and dead.
The shades in the palette are: (from left to right) virgin, naked, buck, smog, toasted, creep, sin, sidecar, half-baked, darkhorse, hustle, gunmetal. I'm in love with gunmetal. I'm not disappointed in the palette as I think it's a great everyday kind of palette. Especially for those who want a sophisticated look for work but don't want to be stuck with boring beige and browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.