5.16.2011

Urban Decay: Feminine Palette

I have been eyeing Urban Decay for quite some time. So while on a random trip to my local Ulta store I saw the new palettes they had for sale. The Feminine, Fun, and Dangerous palettes are all pocket sized palettes that come with six eyeshadows, Eyeshadow Primer Potion and 24/7 Eye Pencil. The palettes cost $34/palette.

The colors in each palette are handpicked to create a personal look. The Feminine palette is for more feminine and sultry looks. The Fun palette is for fun and flirty looks. And the Dangerous palettes are more for dark and intense looks. Which one do you think I would go for? Of course I had to go for the more soft girly palette.

    
   
+picture of palette and travel size u.d.p.p.




 



 The Feminine palette comes with six eyeshadows: Stray Dog, SWF, Midnight Cowboy, Aquarius, Darkhorse, Ecstasy as well as a 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and the Urban Decay Primer Portion in Eden.

+sorry the lightening sucks. 

The shades remind me a lot of some of Mac's cosmetics so I sure they will work as duplicates for each other. At first I was thinking some of these colors will be just like the Too Faced Pixie Pin Up. They are similar but different at the same time. Confusing yes? For example: The Stray Dog and Darkhorse in this palette is similar to the Exotic shade in the Too Faced palette, except Exotic has more shimmer than Darkhorse and is darker and Stray Dog has no shimmer but is the same shade. Leading Lady and Midnight Cowboy are the similar in color but Midnight Cowboy has more glitter.

So they can serve as loose duplicates in replicating the same look but they would give off a different vibe. The primer is different from the original formula as it has a bit of a matted brown color to it. And the 24/7 eyeliner is a creamy black.

Urban Decay items are high quality that lasts and gives off great color. You pay for that quality but at the same time for some of their palettes you are paying for packaging. They are known to reuse their shades and rename them especially in the Book of Shadow palettes. I will probably never buy a separate shadow by them as they are about $18 each and their palettes average 6 shadows for $34.

I love the palette as well as the eyeliner; the primer is okay but I prefer my NYX eyeshadow bases in Skin tone. My favorite shade in the palette is Ecstacy. That shimmery purple is love at first sight. The great part of this palette is the size it's a perfect size to put in a clutch or small purse and with a great eyeshadow brush. I can go from day to night look without having to go home and pull out all my shadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.