6.21.2011

Revlon: Cream Shadows

I'm back with another this time Revlon's cream shadows in Skinlights and Wild Orchids. 

 Each "palette" comes with 4 shades. They aren't individually named but the colors are pretty much different shades/tones of the same color.
  
 This one is the skinlights palette the colors are neutral in shades of skin tones but they all have a bit of highlighting power.

They all come with mirrors...which confuses me. Here's why: outside of using these shadows as colored bases they aren't that practical. They are hard to use with brushes as they stick to the brushes more so than you skin. You get a better pay off if you use your fingers. They aren't particularly build able however they do blend perfectly.  Having said that I don't really see you carrying these things around as a one all palette. 

Even as bases they are lacking as they have no staying power and they crease something fierce. However if you place them on top of your regular base and place a shadow on top of that, they will intensify that shadow.  Basically doing the same job the NYX jumbo pencils do, give the colors depth. 

Using the second color (the light beige) in the skinlights palette I was able to create the look above. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion as an all over base and then used the cream shadow on my lids. I used my finger to feather the shadow out, making sure I didn't put a lot in my crease...so that it wouldn't cause the layering shadows to crease. 

Here's a breakdown of the look; I used the Too Faced Pin Up Pixie palette (I hadn't used it in forever!). I was going for an everyday smokey eye look fyi. At any rate the lid has the skinlight shadow on the lid, I then put the color Leading Lady shadow on top. In my crease I put Like a Virgin and then blended that up. To give the look more depth I followed that up with Exotica on the outer third of my out and smoked/blended that into my crease color (you might have to pick up more Like a Virgin). I used Heaven as a highlight on my brow and the inner corner of my eye. I used the eyeliner that came with that palette and my Maybelline XXL Pro mascara.

The shadows retail for $4.99 a piece and can be found almost anywhere. I hope this help and Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.