6.23.2011

I've Been Baking Again

It's been a long time since I had the urge to bake. It was no special occasion so I just made a simple vanilla cake with creamy butter-cream frosting.
It was very moist cake and not overly sweet. With butter cream you just never know if it's going to be over powering or just right. It's been a very wet summer so I was afraid that the cake might be a bit dense because of the moisture in the air. But it wasn't a problem at all. 

The one thing I'm a little bum about is that I used special shaped cake pans, they weren't just plane circles they were almost like graphic flowers (like this shape here.) Once I frosted it you couldn't tell. D:


As you can tell the layers are very thick. I'm not sure if that has something to do with the cake pans or the recipe....but I think that helped with the frosting...more cake to deal with the rich frosting. And yes it was very yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just want to dive mouth open into/onto? that cake -- it looks sooooooo good!

Jai Lyn said...

It was very yummy =D

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.