7.03.2011

GoW 3


If you are an avid player of action/adventure video games via the Playstation 3 platform then you know who's eyes those belong to. No? How about this?

There thoughts so! Yes, Kratos the ghostly pale God of War. The killer of mortal and immortal and arguably the last person I would envision as a hero. That's because it isn't one. His motives are purely self driven...or are they?

I got into playing this game a couple of years ago. The series debuted in 2005 and to date there have been six games attributed to the title. Technically there is a main trilogy that was created for the PS2 and PS3, and then two extra games for the PSP and one is a mobile game. I've played and beaten the main two trilogy games and then while out shopping a couple of weeks ago my local game shop was have a great sale. So I picked GoW 3 up and set about completing the trilogy. I'm not going to review the game because it's been out for over a year and you can find a ton of reviews for it.

But I will say that the ending was fitting and the graphics on the PS3 compared to the PS2 are amazing. You can tell the developers are testing the limits and going beyond.


This game is not for the faint of heart and people with weak stomachs. It's rated MA 17 for a reason (please note there is a short sex scene that can be skipped, I always do.) The one thing I will say is once you've played one of the games you kind of know what to expect and the game play is very similar. The plot builds upon one another and it's best to play them in chronological order.

It's a great play although often times I find myself wanting to jump through the screen and yell at Kratos...but then I remember he could cut me down in one swipe and not think twice about it...and also he isn't real.

+screenshots can be found at the God of War website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.