For my dad.
9.09.2011
25 Days, 25 Songs- Parent Song
Back with another song...This time it's a song that reminds you of one or both of your parents. As you might or might not know I lost my dad in 2009 (last month was the 2 year anniversary). For a while there I wasn't sure I would be able to move pass it Everyday I have to take one day at a time, there are good days and bad days. So when I was thinking of this song I wanted something that made me remember all those good times I had with him. And like there were so many songs that I could have picked. Music seemed to be a normal thing in our house. But the one that sticks in my mind as my dad's song is R. Kelly's The World's Greatest. He loved this song and sang it constantly. Not because he thought he was something special but that he thought me and my siblings were. He always wanted us to know that that we were always special to someone in this world. We had our ups and down but I never doubted his love for me and the belief that he placed in me.
For my dad.
For my dad.
Labels:
life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.