My original 2012 Goals
- Get to a healthier weight.
- Take a celebratory trip, possibly New York, New York.
- Wear an article of clothing sewn by me in public.
- Visit an art museum that I have never been to. (Locally or nationally…or internationally.)
- For one month be a locavore. (Read: Support local businesses and increase my Green thinking.)
![]() |
| Image taken from here. |
I still feel the need to get to a healthier weight, but I think that should be more of a live a healthier life kind of goal. So #1 is going to be a given and no longer a 2012-only goal. I’ve set myself up to be doing a lot of spending later on this year, with finding a new apartment and possibly getting a car. I don’t think a major trip like to NY is really possible this year. I don’t have the space to set up a sewing machine and all the accessories. Hopefully I can do that in the new apartment. I have a jean skirt that I started on last year. From an unworn pair of jeans that were in excellent condition but I could no longer wear. I really just need to finish sewing the pieces together but like I said I don’t have the space. And plus I was really thinking that goal should be a made from scratch piece, not a refashioned one. #4 has been completed. I visited an art museum back in January...so I guess that stays. And #5 that’s the only one that has really inspired me thus far.
My New 2012 Goals
Learn to work better. I’ve dedicated an extra two years of my life for a degree to be doing exactly what I’m doing now. While I have no real compunction to be a director of a library or some major player in the library world I do like my job and I would like to be at it for a while. I feel like I’m losing focus already on why I went to school and I just started. But I also feel like there’s so much more I could be doing even in my entry level position if I just focused more on it.
![]() |
| Image taken from here. |
Write More! If you haven't noticed I’ve been making a concerted effort to post something on here every other day. The same goes for my professional blog and the personal livejournal that I’ve had since 2007. I also need to finish up all the unfinished stories I have floating around. If not but for my own peace of mind. Maybe 2012 will be the year I complete NaNoWriMo...
Visit a local museum. Ehhh why invent the whole wheel. I already accomplished this one goal but since I still would like to visit many more art museums I’ll just shrink this 2012-goal to a local museum.
For one month be a locavore. Like I said this is the only one that has been still inspired to complete. If you haven’t caught on to the trend of the book reviews I’ve been posting this is on my mind and I’m steadily preparing for its completion.
![]() |
| Image taken from here. |



3 comments:
the picture of healthy living is so true! i would love to see you wear a handmade piece too :)
thank you for the kind comment :)
Well, I was going to say YES to your first image, but looks like I'll just have to second Miss Naka :) This is how I want to play it this year too. Good luck to both of us.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.