So yeah I know chalk it up to me being me and just falling off the "Update your blog" wagon. But instead of dwelling on it we're going to move on.
It's been a hot and muggy summer and the word is cold weather is heading my way so hopefully I'll be back to my active self and be able to think about things to write about here. There's some new ideas and projects I want to try out and I hope to share those here.
In other news I've found my second apartment!
Yeah I know I said I would share the search on here but nothing turned out the way I thought it would. From April till just a week ago I have been non stop searching day in and day out. Every now and then I would just take a break because I was getting dispondent but in general I was out there looking for a place to call home. At first I was opstamistic that I would find a place because I was seeing possibilities but I wasn't ready to sign a lease until August with the idea of moving in September. But as August came and went the places I saw were so outside of my price range it was sad or they were so run down that it was pathetic. So I felt my self starting to settle for anything that would come up in my price range. Until one day I had to face the facts if I don't want to face the idea of moving in another year something had to give. And location was the one to give.
Yeah I gave up my idea of living downtown and walking in to work. I gave up the idea of living in a refurbished historical house. It just wasn't meant to be, maybe in the future perhaps. So after that dream went away I refocused and changed locations. This past Saturday with my brother/roommate in tow we visited four different potential places. And in truth after the first place we were both in love and the rest was just a "let's be open to options" kind of thing.
And wouldn't you know it the apartments ended up being built and managed by the same company that built and managed my first apartments. I really had no idea until I turned in the application. Maybe that's why the place felt like home. While it's not perfect it's differently meeting all of my dealbreakers: Full sized appliances, onsite laundry room, clean common areas, a safe neighborhood and quiet neighborhood, a parking spot or two included, some green space or a park nearby, clean and rodent/insect free.
And while it doesn't meet all of my "Would Be Nice But.." list, like for instance it's a medium sized complex, it's a newer build, there's not a window in every room, and character wise it's a box, it still has more postives than negatives and more than what I thought I could afford.
I'm really excited to have found a place, we've got one month before we move in so there's lots left to be done but that's a major burden lifted for sure.
I took some
For now I'm just enjoying looking over my New Apartment Board and Projects to Try Board over at Pinterest and thinking of all the fun it's going to be to unpack and start infusing my
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.